April 09, 2003

Oops I Goofed...

I'm tired of being depressed and I'm tired of being down on myself. When something goes wrong I want to be able to say "oops, look at that I goofed, life goes on".

However when other people get on my case, I can't just blow it off like that. It generally means that I have screwed up something that effects more than just me. It really messes me up, because I must address the other person about it. I just want them to say "oops, look at that you goofed, life goes on", but other people don't say that. I find my self trying to get them to say it, and it doesn't work that way.

I just need to learn that you can't convince people to say "oops, look at that you goofed, life goes on", and I need to try not to take things so personally. If I could master that maybe I wouldn't get so "messed up" in my head when people point out my mistakes.